Sometimes it’s hard finding a quality auto repair shop. Our auto technicians at Mountain View Automotive in Thornton want you to know that they are ASE-certified, which means they are highly trained and skilled, so you can rest easy leaving your vehicle with us for repairs.
What does ASE-certified mean? ASE stands for the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). They are a non-profit organization that tests and certifies the competence of automotive repair technicians. In an ASE article, they offer some advice on how to choose a vehicle repair shop.
ASE’s Suggestions For Finding a Quality Auto Repair Shop:
- Find an ASE-certified repair shop before you need repairs. You can make a better choice when you are in a repair emergency.
- Get recommendations from people you trust.
- Gather information from local consumer groups like the Better Business Bureau or your local chamber of commerce. Ask them about the reputation of the shops, including complaints against them and how they were resolved.
- Online sites can be helpful. You can look at business reviews and the shop’s social media.
- Visit the shop and look for a clean, well-organized facility with modern equipment in the service bays.
- Location is important but make your decision based on reputation, reliability, and expertise, not just convenience.
- Ask if the repair shop works on your vehicle make and model and what kind of repairs they do.
- Make sure the technicians are highly trained. Look for the ASE certifications.
- You want a repair shop that has a sense of community. See if they have service awards, plaques for civic involvement, customer service awards, and a Better Business Bureau membership.
- It’s very important that the people who work there are professional and courteous. The manager, service writer, or technician should be eager to answer all of your questions.
- Check on their prices. Their labor rates, fees for testing and diagnostic work, guarantees, methods of payment should be posted where you can see, in the front office or waiting room.
- It’s always helpful to get references. Ask them for the names of some customers and call them.
- Once you have made your choice for a repair shop, bring your car in for a small job, like an oil change or tire rotation. If they do a good job, then you’ve made a good decision and you can feel comfortable when you have bigger repair needs.
Mountain View Automotive Has the ASE Blue Seal Approval
ASE recognizes the best automotive repair shops with its Blue Seal of Excellence program. In order to get the Blue Seal approval, 75% of the employees at the repair shop have to be ASE-certified.
Our auto technicians are ASE-certified and Mountain View Automotive in Thornton has been awarded the ASE Blue Seal. So you can stop worrying about finding a quality auto repair shop, you’ve found us. Bring you vehicle in whenever you need repairs or maintenance. We will take good care of you and your car because we care about our customers and their cars. Call or contact us today for an appointment.